20 replies to this topic

#1 Ryoken

Ryoken

Battle Preacher Pod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

This is a story, and like any good story there is truth behind the legend.

Ryoken was young and new to the land of Dream Pod Forums.  He looked for new playmates and quickly made new friends.  But as others came to the Land of Pod, he noticed that they all received plushies.  Ryo checked again and again, but he never had the pleasure of receiving a plush.  

Ryoken put his distress aside, but in the back  his mind, the transgression still bothered him.   So he took a trip to the city of Khayr-ad-Din.  He marveled at the many sites and signs and one caught is eye.  A mechanic shopped called Arixystix.  He went inside and talked with the owner, a beautiful young mechanic by the name of Alix.  They sat and talked for many hours and discussed his plight.  After reaching an agreement, Alix took on the task of building him his plushie.  

She labored for many months, working in the late hours of the night and then she worked in to the early hours of the morning.  She forged on tirelessly until she had built him a plushie from the ground up.

While she worked, Ryoken waited and waited.  Finally he received the call!  He rushed down to her shop, and sitting there before him was his plushie, Lance the Lancier.  He was over joyed and thanked Alix forher work.  The lost plushie was not lost any longer.

LancierPlush_001.jpgLancierPlush_005.jpgLancierPlush_002.jpg

So, what we have here is a custom Lancier plushie.   It was created by http://www.arixystix.com/blog/ for myself with the permission of Robert from DP9.  I will give Alix a better plug when I am home from work.

I apologize for how awesome I am.

Our Naming God, who art in admin, hallowed be thy computer; thy gaming come; thy naming done; on the table as it is in the forum. Give us this day our needed wins. And forgive us our rules violations, as we forgive those that rules violate against us. And lead us not into open terrain, but deliver us from bad die rolls. For thine is rules set, the die rolls, and the range brackets, Forever and ever. Amen

I have a Lancier Plushie!  See it here:  http://www.dp9.com/c...lancier-plushie

#2 ScottyJo

ScottyJo

Podlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Awesomesauce!!!!!

There is no NOW, there is the NEAR FUTURE and the RECENT PAST. - George Carlin

#3 AL13N

AL13N

Secretly a Drop Bear

• Pod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Calling Hugh right now! Awesome! +1 and I have got to get a Bear or Koala one made for myself! How much that bad boy run you? 

Operation Drop Bears Dive.
My Fully Painted WFPA as a Whole!
My Salamanders

Tucson Gila Monsters Currently Ranked #2 Avatar Blood Bowl League

NeonCon 2010 Meritorious Citation: "for performing above the call of duty at this con".

NeonCon 2011 Meritorious Citation: "for performing above the call of duty at this con".

Fabulous Las Vegas Tour Guide Citation 2011: "for showing the Pod all the excitement and pitfalls of the desert".

Fabulous Las Vegas Tour Guide Citation 2012: "for showing the Pod all the excitement and pitfalls of the desert".

CNCO "Fabulous" Las Vegas

GenCon 2012 Veteran's Citation.

GenCon 2013 Veteran's Citation. 

#4 Lymaran

Lymaran

Southern Gun Pod

• Pod Squad
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

That's quite cute. *Looks at wallet* Hmm...

Otakuthon 2010 Service Citation: "For exceptional service during this con."

#5 AbesolutZERO

AbesolutZERO

Podder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

It's adorable.

Gaming on a budget- the Black Talons are awesome for that.

Taking commissions! Visit http://dp9forum.com/...showtopic=13561 for samples.

#6 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Elder Mammoth Ghost Pod

• Pod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Awesome, might have to get one myself..+1 :D

"Do I look like I'm discussing this?"
" Pain Fades, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts Forever"
"I'm not crazy, I'm just a bit unwell"
"A Little Overkill Never Hurt Anyone"
Outmaneuvered, Outnumbered, Outgunned..We can't lose
Don't Run, you'll only die tired

The South: Suffering Butt-wheel envy since TN1750.
We Field Pristine Antique's

POD REGIMENTAL SERGEANT MAJOR

Asst. RoN Co-Ordinator. May I help you?

Hunter Plushy Citation: For welcoming, with great enthusiasm and in a consistent manner, new comers to the forum.

Templecon 2012 Meritorious Service Citation: For duty above and beyond the call in organizing the ground work as well as logistics, allowing the Pod to be visible and well represented at this event.
Buttwheel citation:"for giving cause to fear the buttwheel".

Warstore Weekend 2012 Citation:"For outstanding performance of duty beyond the call"

#7 Ryoken

Ryoken

Battle Preacher Pod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

I intentionally left the price out because that is a number arranged by myself and Alix and I did not want to breach that confidence. I will tell you that it is not cheap, but as you can see, the quality of a handmade item is worth it. I recommend messaging Alix and getting a quote, she has additional options as well, like concept drawings that could cost extra. I gave her free liberties with this design. Also, get permission from Robert first

Our Naming God, who art in admin, hallowed be thy computer; thy gaming come; thy naming done; on the table as it is in the forum. Give us this day our needed wins. And forgive us our rules violations, as we forgive those that rules violate against us. And lead us not into open terrain, but deliver us from bad die rolls. For thine is rules set, the die rolls, and the range brackets, Forever and ever. Amen

#8 Beerninja

Beerninja

NinjaBeer Pod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Tony!

"Oh god, my Wife is going kill me"

-Proff. Fink

#9 AL13N

AL13N

Secretly a Drop Bear

• Pod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

I messaged ALIX and offered double what you paid and still a no :(

My Salamanders

NeonCon 2010 Meritorious Citation: "for performing above the call of duty at this con".

NeonCon 2011 Meritorious Citation: "for performing above the call of duty at this con".

Fabulous Las Vegas Tour Guide Citation 2011: "for showing the Pod all the excitement and pitfalls of the desert".

Fabulous Las Vegas Tour Guide Citation 2012: "for showing the Pod all the excitement and pitfalls of the desert".

#10 Ryoken

Ryoken

Battle Preacher Pod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Lol, really?  I do know she is taking a bit of a break, I have four more that I want to get done.  A Jerboa, Hussar, Cuirassier, and Chaus MKII.  She said she needed a few months off from any big projects and she just got done with a move.  This particular project took quite a bit of time and I can see why.  Give her a bit of time and try again, I am just happy I am able to promote her business a bit, very much worth it!

#11 Eivoril

Eivoril

Podling

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

It's sweet :wub:  ... +1.

Think about Chevalier and Cobra in plushies :blush:

A good start to get my wife and daughter into HGB ... or they will kill me for this... don't know.

#12 Ryoken

Ryoken

Battle Preacher Pod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

Well, like it has been said earlier, she is taking a break for a bit for non plush related projects.  But I do encourage you to check out her site.  She has all sorts of gaming characters and even patterns.  She also has just plain cute things.  I just bought a Wind Swept Bunny for my girlfriend after she saw the pictures of my plushie. 

If you make it to GenCon, I will be bringing him with me, so everyone can take pictures of/with him if they want!

#13 Kris_Din

Kris_Din

Elder Pod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

I really like everything she did... she even got the logos in. :) Very kind of her. And the fact that she stated it has 100 moving parts is just amazing, she really put her all into this.

-Brandon F.

"The awesome military mecha anime-style crap that goes on in a game of Heavy Gear just warms the very cockles of my heart." -Steel Paladin in a Christmas season

Blog http://heavygearthunder.blogspot.com/ 

Heavy Gear Thunder Run 2.0 http://heavygearthun...heavy-gear.html

G+ Heavy Gear Group - https://plus.google....725174036155791

21.jpg

#14 Ryoken

Ryoken

Battle Preacher Pod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Yeah, one of the requirements was to put the NuCoal logo somewhere on there, another was the back pack.  I might have made a couple others, but they were just things I really wanted to see on the Lancier.

And it does not have 100 moving parts, it is made from 100 different pieces with moveable joints, so... not quite the same thing.

487002_10151184663586782_1200593828_n.jp

That is a picture off her Facebook page.  It should give you a general idea of how much effort really went into this.  More plugging for her, go like her Facebook page and see her new work on a regular basis.  She has some awesome Diablo II Plushies!

#15 GreyHart

GreyHart

Terra Nova Pirate Pod

• Pod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

That.... is... AWESOME!!! Talk about mad sewing skills.  B)  

Lol, really?  I do know she is taking a bit of a break, I have four more that I want to get done.  A Jerboa, Hussar, Cuirassier, and Chaus MKII.  She said she needed a few months off from any big projects and she just got done with a move.  This particular project took quite a bit of time and I can see why.  Give her a bit of time and try again, I am just happy I am able to promote her business a bit, very much worth it!

Ohhhh.... Jerboa plushie. :wub:  DO WANT!

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Yar har, fiddle de de, being a pirate is all right with me! Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free! You are a pirate! Yo ho, ahoy and avast, being a pirate is really badass! Run out the flag to the end of the mast! You are a pirate! Alestorm - You Are a Pirate

TempleCon 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Meritorious Service Citation: "For duty above and beyond the call in organizing the ground work as well as logistics, allowing the Pod to be visible and well represented at this event."
Warstore Weekend 2010, 2012 Citation:"For outstanding performance of duty beyond the call."
Toy Soldier Offensive Commendation:"For action and valor in support of a retailer".
Dog Days of Summer Service Citation: "For organizing and running this annual event."
Demo Minis special citation: "Marking skills and proficiency in painting demo miniatures."
Buttwheel citation:"For giving cause to 'FEAR the Butt-Wheel!'<TM>"

Leagueless: Acronym? We don't need no stinkin' acronym!

#16 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Elder Mammoth Ghost Pod

• Pod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

I messaged ALIX and offered double what you paid and still a no :(

Damn beat me to it.. :(

Hunter Plushy Citation: For welcoming, with great enthusiasm and in a consistent manner, new comers to the forum.

Templecon 2012 Meritorious Service Citation: For duty above and beyond the call in organizing the ground work as well as logistics, allowing the Pod to be visible and well represented at this event.

Warstore Weekend 2012 Citation:"For outstanding performance of duty beyond the call"

#17 Ryoken

Ryoken

Battle Preacher Pod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Got together with DavicusPrime this weekend and decided to have some fun with the plushie.  Figured I would post our antics here!

563546_419912828098221_505439691_n.jpg155934_419912541431583_273011375_n.jpg482395_419912571431580_2035293326_n.jpg644422_419912624764908_1116255312_n.jpg644235_419912618098242_318817383_n.jpg

#18 AL13N

AL13N

Secretly a Drop Bear

• Pod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Lost for words. In the words from Waynes World, DUDE! SWEET!

My Salamanders

#19 Lymaran

Lymaran

Southern Gun Pod

• Pod Squad
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

"Alright so I'm like one inch away from your field gun, I will use my linked Gargantuan Spike Guns. I'm moving at top speed and obviously bigger..."

Otakuthon 2010 Service Citation: "For exceptional service during this con."

#20 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Elder Mammoth Ghost Pod

• Pod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

Ok at GenCon we have to get the lost plushie some big fuzzy dice to roll when he plays.. :) Pics are awesome.. :D